Reading Eggs has a free 30 day trial. This is a great website to boost reading and writing at all levels. Your child does a “placement test” to determine what level they should start at.
Matua Murray was Whaea Lynda’s teacher at Teachers College (Many, many years ago). He has recorded some great writing lessons. Please find one that you would like to do.
A range of literacy and numeracy activities.
Message our Glenview Facebook page for the login.
Writing Task for Seniors (Kereru & Kahu):
1. Keep a journal, keep a gratitude list, write instructions for something, write an alternate ending to favourite story or movie, write a story, keep a book of facts, write a book, movie or video game review.
2. Write an essay (report) to answer the question:
“What has Coronavirus and this time of lockdown taught us?”
You might want to include some of the following:
- What has been the impact on nature and the planet?
- How have the leaders of different countries in the world responded and what are the characteristics and actions of great leaders during a crisis?
- What things are important for us when we are living through a pandemic: what things help us?
- How should we stay healthy and not risk catching a virus?
- What new things can kids learn to do when they are stuck at home in lockdown? - share any ideas you might have for your friends